The Registry is the administrative department committed to supporting, facilitating, and promoting the academic mission of the College. The staff is comprised of The Registrar, The Assistant Registrar, The Examinations Officer and two Secretaries. The team is fully equipped to guide students, staff and potential clients on the processes from admission through to the completion of programmes.
The Registry is divided into two tenets:
- The Students’ Affairs Division, and
- The Examinations Office
The Registry is responsible for the following functions:
- Recruitment, selection and registration
- Monitors student attrition and progress from admission to graduation
- Processes the request for academic records including transcripts, status letters, documents on matters of immigration and enrollment verification
- Prepares, maintains and analyses statistical data to reflect trends in all programmes
- Prepares annual programme summaries
- Maintains and stores the records of students and alumni
- Processes Add/Drop, articulation and exemption matters
- Secures fellowships, scholarships and grants on behalf of students.
- Manages ALL examination matters
- Post-graduation disbursement of Certificates.
- Manages the Health Insurance Scheme for students
- Provides identification cards for students
- Adopt industry best practices in order to constantly improve the quality of the services we offer.
- Foster a positive behavioural environment with shared vision in an effort to achieve the overall objectives of the College as it strives to be the primer teacher training institution in the region.
- Create a well-planned physical space that will enable staff to perform their duties exceptionally and delight our customers as they make use of our services.
To ensure the integrity of student records, support the academic programmes of the College and provide excellent service to all our customers.
The Students’ Affairs Office
The Office is strategically placed as the ‘window to the College’ and by extension aims to offer quality customer service and thereby promote Shortwood Teachers’ College as the institution of choice in teacher training.
The office is located on the ground floor of The Enos Nuttall Building. The office hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Mondays – Fridays.
Contact (876) 924-1095-7. Ext 2221
The Examinations Office is responsible for all matters relevant to Examinations at the College including the issuing of Examination Cards and provisional transcripts of examination results.
The office is located on the ground floor of the Early Childhood Institute. The opening hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Mondays – Fridays.
Contact: (876) 924-1095-7. Ext 2215