(Part-time – Easter & Summer only)
This 36-credit hour Master of Education degree in Early Childhood Education is designed to reflect current state-of-art thinking in early childhood education. The programme meets accreditation national standards (NCATE approved guidelines) and reflects the national and international perspective that early childhood education is a recognized field of study for professionals working with young children (birth through age 8). The programme has also been accredited by the University Council of Jamaica.
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following areas:
- Early Childhood Education
- Primary Education
- Child Development, or
- Any other related area
- Shall have earned a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the baccalaureate degree, that is, 1st Class Honours or Upper Second Class Honours
- Take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- ONLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE FIRST CLASS OR UPPER SECOND CLASS HONOURS.
Shall have a total verbal plus quantitative GRE General Test score of 1000 or higher