Shortwood Teachers’ College is committed to the preparation of teachers of the highest quality. The institution achieves this purpose by:
- helping students to acquire sound knowledge and useful skills;
- encouraging and promoting responsible attitudes and sound leadership qualities;
- fostering a firm commitment to the teaching profession and adherence to the highest standards of professional conduct;
- facilitating the development of ideals of love for loyalty to Jamaica and promoting a zeal to nation building;
- pointing to the need for personal and professional development;
- promoting in its students an appreciation of the need for spiritual, emotional, and social growth.
- providing an appropriate environment for the ongoing development and academic advancement of faculty members towards the achievement of individual and institutional goals.